Jiangxi University of Technology (JXUT) is one of the most popular and successful private universities in China with approximately 38,000 students. The attached high school JKFZ opened in 2015 and the latest examination results place the school in a top position in the city of Nanchang.
The latest development was to build an international school for Chinese students who wish to eventually study at universities abroad. The build and decoration were completed in November 2016 and the Principal and founding team were in place. The foreign teaching team and Chinese support teams were appointed and teaching commenced in August 2017 with 170 students on roll and increasing student numbers for August 2020. This is the reason we seek to appoint new foreign expert teachers.
JKFZ is a very ambitious school with students enrolled into Grade 1 - Grade 11 classes. We are a co-educational independent boarding school. JKFZ Cambridge International School (JKFZ CIS) will deliver a British curriculum (Cambridge checkpoint, IGCSE and A-Level) through a dedicated team of foreign teachers and bi-lingual Chinese teachers in an English language environment, to Chinese students wishing to progress to the very best Western Universities.
Experienced, successful, ambitious and flexible practitioners with a keen interest in their subject, are required to support this and the future planned expansion of the school.
Together with providing our students with a high quality moral, physical and intellectual education, our school seeks to develop understanding and appreciation of both western and eastern cultures through our many international links and Extra Curricular Activities (ECA.)
In 2018 / 2019 our students were extremely successful in ASDAN and other competitions. Furthermore three groups attended study camps in the USA & UK and the IGCSE, AS & A Level results are outstanding, with a number of our students currently applying to Oxford / Cambridge Universities (OXBRIDGE.)
We expect our students to become broad minded and informed ambassadors for their country, as well as true international citizens.
Why consider JKFZ Cambridge International School?
- Our vision for the future is based on every student and member of staff following our school motto “Inspire, Engage Achieve.” Furthermore, our six values apply to all in the JKFZ CIS community: “Respect, Cooperation, Excellence, Integrity, Resilience and Balance.” The first two are how we expect everyone to work together and the final four are personal values people should follow in all that they do in school. We believe they are so important to us that we have placed them on the outside of the school building, so everyone is reminded of them every time they look at our school!
- We have wonderful, highly motivated, high achieving and aspirational Chinese students who are looking to attend some of the best universities around the world. Consequently, the classroom experience is very rewarding.
- We deliver an English curriculum (IGCSE and A-Level) in English. If English is your first language and you are a dedicated, successful and a qualified graduate teacher with IGSCE / GCSE and A-Level experience (or its equivalence), then this school can offer you the opportunity to make a major contribution to its development into a mature and successful establishment.
- If you see education as more than just gaining qualifications and you are interested in developing the whole person through pastoral and extracurricular activities, then our school is based on this premise.
- The school has excellent facilities within a beautiful campus and CIS is now the largest International school for Chinese students in Jiangxi Province. The school has ultramodern and well-resourced classrooms with interactive whiteboards throughout, a Library and an Apple Computer Suite as well as a 40 station Windows Computer Laboratory. Also, all Classrooms are air-conditioned to provide a comfortable working environment and bilingual Chinese teaching assistants support staff within lessons in the school.
- We offer comprehensive support to colleagues throughout their stay here. This starts with a period of Induction Training upon arrival - especially to those for whom working in China is their first experience of working abroad and continues with our commitment for excellent Continuous Professional Development. Furthermore, our Chinese bi[lingual teachers and administration staff will support you with any issues you may have in your daily life.
- A previous post overseas and a qualification in / experience of teaching ESL are desirable, but not essential. Training will be provided during induction on this key aspect of the work we do with all our children who are ESL learners.
- These posts represent a unique career opportunity for rapid career progression for the right people, as the school has a planned expansion of student numbers taking place over the next three years.
Successful candidates will receive:
- an initial two-year contract.
- JKFZ CIS operates its own salary scale and our benefits package includes:
- free accommodation or rent allowance (utilities are the tenants responsibility)
- medical insurance
- initial relocation / excess baggage allowance if reqired
- an annual travel allowance
- help with visa and health check & costs upon arrival in China
- Airport pick up by our bi-lingual staff and transfer into your apartment on arrival in Nanchang
JKFZ CIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and so all applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening and have obtained a relevant Police check in their home country or country of residence. This is also required in order to obtain the Foreign Expert Certificate (FEC) and resident permit here in China.