This school utilizes both Chinese and Canadian curriculum. The Chinese Curriculum is system-based, and precisely defined, while the Canadian Curriculum reflects on theme-based instruction through student engagement, project based learning, STEM, bilingual courses, and differentiated instruction for each student.
The ideal candidate will have some experience working with children for whom English is a second language. The candidate must be a graduate with a recognized teaching qualification. The ideal candidate will be a native English speaker.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare, and teach well developed lessons which enthuse and inspire students, and promote enjoyment of learning.
- Effectively and appropriately differentiate instruction so as to meet all students’ learning styles with an appreciation for students’ learning differences.
- Select and sequence appropriate materials, resources, and approaches according to the course/content area and audience of learners.
- Assess, track, and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement (performance and growth) and developmental needs to students, academic, and other managers/colleagues.
- Provide feedback on materials, courses, and lessons to academic and other managers/colleagues as requested.
- Ensure lessons are in line with planning and their respective objectives, and that segments of lessons are shared with students, as appropriate.
- Excellent English oral and writing skills
- Problem-solving capability
- Capacity for prioritizing conflicting demands
- Acuity for balancing the normal demands of a range of work and responsibilities without disruption to other team members or school staff
- Ability to gather facts and to analyze situations objectively, accurately, and in an organized fashion
- Demonstrates good critical thinking skills to understand student and staff issues
- Basic computer literacy
- Attentive to deadlines
- Salary up to 220,000 Rmb per year, after tax which is adjusted each year according to scale.
- Master and PHD stipend
- Returning bonus
- International medical insurance (except USA).
- School provided accommodation (either 1 or 2 bedrooms on campus or close to the school, depending on availability. Includes 300rmb utilities.
- Use of the school facilities outside of school hours eg. sports hall, pool
- Full tuition for up to 2 school age dependents in the international school
(for experienced category employees)
- Employee flight ticket. Spouse and 2 dependent flight ticket for experienced category employees.
- A number of 'western' retail/restaurant/outlets available in the city.
- Easy and accessible high-speed train transportation to various near-by major cities: Nanjing, Shanghai, and others.