Successful applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Be above all motivated to help develop a learning community for both students and their teachers in a supportive team based environment.
- To work with, support and develop Chinese teaching staff based on western methods of teaching the Cambridge Curriculum.
- A minimum of a good honours degree and related teaching qualification(s).
- Understand the process of learning and be able to provide a stimulating and appropriate learning experience to their students.
- Have resilience, motivation and the capacity for hard work.
- Be flexible in their attitude to working in a new culture and thus to appreciate different ways of doing things.
- Have experience of teaching and sound subject knowledge of the curriculum area that they are appointed to.
- Be a creative thinker, able to adapt to a different cultural environment with sensitivity, energy and enthusiasm.
- Take on the role of pastoral tutor as required alongside the students Chinese tutor.
- Be willing to organise and / or participate in Extra Curricular Activities (ECA) during the day that might occasionally include evenings and weekends.
- Deliver up to 22 periods of teaching (45 minutes per lesson) out of 48 periods of each week.
- Occasionally contribute to the evening homework (prep) supervision and Saturday morning test rota’s.
- Be committed to the school House system that fosters the development of each student and provides opportunities for the development of team working and leadership skills.
Successful candidates will receive:
- an initial two-year contract.
- JKFZ CIS operates its own salary scale and our benefits package includes:
o free accommodation or rent allowance (utilities are the tenants responsibility)
o medical insurance
o initial relocation / excess baggage allowance
o an annual travel allowance
o help with visa and health check costs upon arrival in China
o Airport pick up by our bi-lingual staff and transfer into your apartment on arrival in Nanchang